Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Avila <Mi...@sbcglobal.net> on 2005/11/26 06:23:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot Get PERL to work

Windows XP Pro
Active State PERL 5.6 (Have to have 5.6 and not 5.8 for a specific
application)
NOTE: IP Addresses and website changed to prevent hacking

QUESTION: What is it that cannot be found - admin.pl or PERL.exe or
something else?

httpd.conf
=======
ScriptAlias /perl "d:/perl"
AddType application/x-httpd-pl .pl .cgi
Action application/x-httpd-pl "/perl/bin/perl.exe "

Alias /sql-ledger /sql-ledger
<Directory /sql-ledger>
AllowOverride All
AddHandler cgi-script .pl
AddDefaultCharset On
Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from All
</Directory>

when I execute a perl script from a web browser such as

http://www.xxxxx.com/sql-ledger/admin.pl

I get

Internal Server Error

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, xxxxx@xxxxx.com and inform them of
the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have
caused the error.

error.log
======
[Sat Nov 26 00:16:34 2005] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] (OS 3)The system cannot
find the path specified.  : couldn't create child process: 720003: admin.pl
[Sat Nov 26 00:16:34 2005] [error] [client 0.0.0.0] (OS 3)The system cannot
find the path specified.  : couldn't spawn child process:
E:/sql-ledger/admin.pl

Re: [users@httpd] Cannot Get PERL to work

Posted by Nico <ni...@gmail.com>.
2005/11/26, William Cai <wi...@gmail.com>:

> Sorry, I have no Windows Environment right now. My suggestion is that,
> 1. Use "#!D:/perl/bin/perl.exe" instead of "D:\perl\bin\perl.exe"
> 2. Turn on Apache log

All is explain here :
http://www.ricocheting.com/server/cgi.html

as he said, you can install Perl to C:\usr (and not C:\Perl)
and like this, you don't have to change the default location. And call
all your scripts like Linux : /usr/bin/perl
It works.
--
nico

RE: [users@httpd] Cannot Get PERL to work

Posted by Michael Avila <Mi...@sbcglobal.net>.
I tried that but it did not work. Log is already on if you mean access.log
and error.log. If not, what other log is there?

Mike

  Sorry, I have no Windows Environment right now. My suggestion is that,
  1. Use "#!D:/perl/bin/perl.exe" instead of "D:\perl\bin\perl.exe"
  2. Turn on Apache log

  -William

  On 11/26/05, Michael Avila <Mi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    I have done that and it still does not work.

    #!D:\perl\bin\perl.exe
    #

    Does that look like the right format?

    Mike

      I met the same problem before. If my recollection is right, the
problem is caused by your perl script. You might have to specify the
executable binary with absolute path.

      e.g.
      #!C:/perl/bin/perl.exe
      blablabla

      Hope it helps.

      -William

      On 11/26/05, Michael Avila <Mi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
        Windows XP Pro
        Active State PERL 5.6 (Have to have 5.6 and not 5.8 for a specific
        application)
        NOTE: IP Addresses and website changed to prevent hacking

        QUESTION: What is it that cannot be found - admin.pl or PERL.exe or
        something else?

--------
        httpd.conf
        =======
        ScriptAlias /perl "d:/perl"
        AddType application/x-httpd-pl .pl .cgi
        Action application/x-httpd-pl "/perl/bin/perl.exe "

        Alias /sql-ledger /sql-ledger
        <Directory /sql-ledger>
        AllowOverride All
        AddHandler cgi-script .pl
        AddDefaultCharset On
        Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
        Order Allow,Deny
        Allow from All
        </Directory>

--------

        when I execute a perl script from a web browser such as

        http://www.xxxxx.com/sql-ledger/admin.pl

--------

        I get

        Internal Server Error

unable
        to complete your request.

        Please contact the server administrator, xxxxx@xxxxx.com and inform
them of
        the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that
may have
        caused the error.

        More information about this error may be available in the server
error log.

--------
        error.log
        ======

Posted by William Cai <wi...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I have no Windows Environment right now. My suggestion is that,
1. Use "#!D:/perl/bin/perl.exe" instead of "D:\perl\bin\perl.exe"
2. Turn on Apache log

-William

On 11/26/05, Michael Avila <Mi...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have done that and it still does not work.
>

> #!D:\perl\bin\perl.exe
> #
>
> Does that look like the right format?
>
> Mike