Posted to dev@shardingsphere.apache.org by Haoran Meng <me...@apache.org> on 2021/11/08 11:14:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] Add new docker image repository for Apache ShardingSphere

Hello, community

This is a discussion about adding a new docker image repository named
shardingsphere-proxy.

We know that the product name of Apache ShardingSphere now starts with
shardingsphere, but in 5.0.0-beta and previous versions, the name of our
docker image repository is sharding-proxy [1],
so I suggest adding a new docker image repository for 5.0.0 and future
versions.

[1] https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/sharding-proxy

--
Best,
Haoran Meng

Re:[DISCUSS] Add new docker image repository for Apache ShardingSphere

Posted by KimmKing <ki...@apache.org>.

+1 agree.
Keeping the same name for this project to avoid to be puzzle for users.

--

Kimm King(kimmking@apache.org/kimmking@163.com)
Apache Dubbo&ShardingSphere PMC Member

Posted by Zhengqiang Duan <du...@apache.org>.
Hi, Haoran:

I really support adding a new docker image repository, because since the
5.x version, the problem of inconsistency between the repository name and
the project name has caused confusion for many users. Now we have a chance
to solve this problem.

——————————————————————
Zhengqaing Duan (duanzhengqiang@apache.org)
Apache ShardingSphere Committer
GitHub@strongduanmu

Haoran Meng <me...@apache.org> 于2021年11月8日周一 下午7:15写道:

--
——————————————————————

Posted by Haoran Meng <me...@apache.org>.
Thanks for all for your feedback. The new repository has been created
[1]. I have pushed the latest image to the repository.

[1] https://registry.hub.docker.com/r/apache/shardingsphere-proxy

Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com> 于2021年11月8日周一 下午9:27写道:

Posted by Zheng Feng <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by "zhangliang@apache.org" <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

Yes, the proxy name is ShardingSphere-Proxy, but the official docker repo
is incorrect.
I'd like to fix it.

Sincerely,
Liang Zhang (John)