Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/15 12:51:02 UTC

eclipse deployment problem

Hi,

The Wiki page about Eclipse deployment
(http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EclipseDeployment) seems to be outdated
due to the switch to xmlbeans 2 recently.

I am getting lots of problems similar to this:
'schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.sF35A79E0FA7890579F78B8B0A5364966
cannot be resolved'

Can someone give me advice on how to solve this problem?

Stefan Schmidt

Re: eclipse deployment problem

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
Thanks...I'll get it updated...

- Matt

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.
I was able to resolve the problem for each of the projects containing this error by including the
given project's snapshot from the Maven repository in the eclipse build path.  So you'll have to
do the initial build from the command line so that you get the correct snapshot generated and
installed into the repo.  Then start your workbench, fix the build paths, and then the errors will
go away.

However, this won't last you long. :(

The problem is that even if you add the built jar to the classpath, then next time eclipse triggers
a build it will delete these generated files.  Thus the next time you generate the snapshot (without
doing a 'rebuild' you'll get the errors again.

Eclipse can handle this type of situation, however.  You can added a "classes" folder (different
from output folder) to the .classpath.  Any files in this folder will be added to the classpath and
will remain there and will NOT be deleted when eclipse triggers a build.

So the next step is if we can specify these files to go into a different directory rather then
target/classes.  If so then we can mark the new destination folder as a "classes" folder at its
content will be preserved.

Thanks.

Sachin.

Posted by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com>.
David,

David Jencks wrote:

> This is caused by a new feature of xmlbeans2 that many eclipse users
> are less than happy with -- it generates one class (not java) file
> which needs to be in the classpath.  I put it in the target/classes
> directory.

of which module/plugin?

> There was some discussion of this on the xmlbeans list and IIUC to fix
> this you need to include the built jar in the classpath.
>
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jul 15, 2005, at 3:51 AM, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The Wiki page about Eclipse deployment
>> (http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/EclipseDeployment) seems to be
>> outdated due to the switch to xmlbeans 2 recently.
>>
>> I am getting lots of problems similar to this:
>> 'schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.sF35A79E0FA7890579F78B8B0A5364966
>> cannot be resolved'
>>
>> Can someone give me advice on how to solve this problem?
>>
>> Stefan Schmidt

Stefan

Re: eclipse deployment problem

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
This is caused by a new feature of xmlbeans2 that many eclipse users
are less than happy with -- it generates one class (not java) file
which needs to be in the classpath.  I put it in the target/classes
directory.  There was some discussion of this on the xmlbeans list and

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
Stefan,

Have you rebuilt the entire project from maven from scratch, from the
command line maven?  You need to do this first, then rebuild the eclipse
project.  That usually fixes this problem.

Jeff