Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/06 22:17:11 UTC

Migration to SLF4J

Hello,
Following Woonsan Ko's PR merge, I've started migration.

I will pause for now as it's really boring :-)

The following parts remain to migrate:

   - components
   - core
   - LogFunction and LogFunction2

Maybe we can work together on difference core and components packages to go
faster.

Regards
Philippe

Re: Migration to SLF4J

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello Woonsan,

My answers below.

Regards
On Tuesday, February 7, 2017, Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just searched 'LoggingManager.getLogger' in *.java files in the
> latest trunk:
>
> components 72
> core 116
> function 2

protocol 4

We need to keep them I think as log is passed to Jsr, bsf and beanshell
test elements and inherited classes.

Or maybe somebody has a better idea ?

test 12

> So, it's not that many. Thanks a lot for your work, Philippe!
> I can provide 3 pull requests: one for components, second for core and
> third for the rest if there's no one working for this this week.

Okay for me.

> Otherwise, please let me know. I can start the migration in components
> first tomorrow or Wednesday.

Even better for me :)
Maybe you can be more fine grained for components and core and work by
bunch of packages.
Not more than 30 classes touched per PR if possible.

Thanks a lot !

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.