Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Adrian Sutton <Ad...@Ephox.com> on 2003/05/01 00:49:37 UTC

RE: [HTTPCLIENT] version 1 docs?

Hi Andy,
Every release of HttpClient should include the complete javadocs for that
version, the source distributions will also include the entire source tree.
Thus, if you have a copy of HttpClient 1.0, you should also have a copy of
the JavaDocs.  HttpClient 1.0 is an absolute world away from the HttpClient
of today and it's actually before my time and before the time of most of the
current HttpClient developers, so we don't really maintain, support or know
much about the 1.0 codebase - we'll do what we can to help though. :)

I'm not sure exactly how SourceForge downloads differ from Apache downloads,
both provide a fairly simple list of the files you can download - since
HttpClient doesn't have separate downloads for documentation and code, the
list of files only contains a source and binary distribution for each
version.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton, Software Engineer
Ephox Corporation
www.ephox.com

Posted by Andy Kriger <ak...@greaterthanone.com>.
I managed to get what I needed. I guess what'd help is a list of CVS tags
for the various major (and important minor) versions so that a user can
checkout what they need. I'd love to use v2a3 since it does have a much
improved design, however this is for a production project and requires
stable code.

-a