Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Christoph P. Kukulies" <ku...@kukulies.org> on 2006/08/09 15:00:43 UTC

APR build under Win32 (Visual Studio) - undefined symbols

I'm trying to build the APR dll  under Windows XP.
I unpacked them in directories

apr
apr-iconv
apr-util

I started the aprutil.dsw file and was able to build
apr-1.lib without a hitch.

But building libapriconv.dll I'm getting undefined symbols:
Linking...
   Creating library Debug/libapriconv-1.lib and object Debug/libapriconv-1.exp
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_dso_unload@4
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_pool_destroy@4
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_filepath_list_split@12
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_env_get@12
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_pool_create_ex@16
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_stat@16
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_snprintf
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_dso_sym@12
iconv_module.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__apr_dso_load@12
Debug/libapriconv-1.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

libapriconv-1.dll - 10 error(s), 4 warning(s)

Building libapr-1.dll then worked fine again. Should I bother?

Where does one put now libapr-1.dll to become effective?
Is there anything required in httpd.conf (LoadModule)?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org