Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2022/06/06 21:40:12 UTC

Size limits on mwiki for uploaded files are too small

The documentation team is starting to publish the 4.1 getting started
guide and have run into a problem. The 2MB upload limit is far to small
for the ODT and the PDF file for the complete Guide.

The ODT file is 7.1 MB, and the Writer one will most likely be
bigger.The smallest I have been able to get the converted PDF is 31MB.

I know that we have some ODT files already on the mwike that are 11MB.
What would be the best way to get the limit raised so that the ODT can
be uploaded?

Regards
Keith

Re: Size limits on mwiki for uploaded files are too small

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@comcast.net>.
We recently updated the httpd configuration on this server. If this undid the fix then we’ll need to think the fix through together.

Best,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Dave Fisher wrote:
> We recently updated the httpd configuration on this server. If this undid the fix then we’ll need to think the fix through together.
>
> Best,
> Dave
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Dave,

Because we use the default PDFA-1 to create the PDF files from
OpenOffice, it is not unusual to have chapter files over 5MB. The real
problem comes in when we create the PDF for the complete book. I do have
PDF compression software to compress them.Currently the full book for
the Getting Started Guide is 38MB. I was able to compress that down to
12.7MB.

Considering that the other guides full book files may be larger, at this
point I believe a 20MB limit is a good compromise. How does this sound
to you?

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Peter Kovacs wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I set the upload size to 50MB
>
> all the best
>
> Peter

Thank you very much Peter, it is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Keith

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.
Hi all,