Posted to scm-dev@maven.apache.org by Sergey Zakusov <sz...@emdev.ru> on 2008/05/30 17:01:12 UTC

Should remote or "local" command be used to List, Changelog and etc. commands?

Hello,

There is one crucial issue:
which kind of command should be used for commands like List, Changelog and
etc. - remote or local?

For example, CVS returns different results for Log (local) and Rlog (remote)
commands.
REM: Rlog result cannot be parsed by CvsChangeLogConsumer.

AbstractCvsListCommand uses Rlist (remote) command, but the result cannot be
parsed by CvsStatusConsumer
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SCM-380).

AbstractCvsChangeLogCommand uses Log (local) command,
but at the same time SvnExeScmProvider executes list command for remote
items .

--
Best regards,
Sergey Zakusov

Phone: +7 (812) 498-72-21
Mobile: +7 (921) 301-77-13

Re: Should remote or "local" command be used to List, Changelog and etc. commands?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Good point - it seems we do need to have a better separation of
workspace/checkout handling from repository handling in general?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org