Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/11 16:22:18 UTC

HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Hi,

I have a one node Hadoop cluster for my POC. The HADOOP_HOME is under a directory

/usr/home/hadoop

I dont have much space on /usr and want to use other accounts/applications storage which are located at /app/software/app1 etc.,

How can I use the /app/software/app1 location for my HDFS files and storage. Is it possible? Please advise.

Thanks,
Raj

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

But Tariq - /SD1/hadoop_data is in a separate group.

My hadoop is in group 'grp1'
Filesystem /SD1 is under group 'grp2'

As I have space under SD1, I want to use SD1 for hadoop.

so setting permissions like '755' on /SD1/hadoop_data -> will it work?

________________________________

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.

From: dontariq@gmail.comDate: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:14:08 +0530Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOMETo: user@hadoop.apache.org
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

From: dontariq@gmail.comDate: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:14:08 +0530Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOMETo: user@hadoop.apache.org
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Sandeep L <sa...@outlook.com>.
From: sandeepvreddy@outlook.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:18:34 +0530

Posted by Sandeep L <sa...@outlook.com>.
From: sandeepvreddy@outlook.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:18:34 +0530

From: dontariq@gmail.comDate: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:14:08 +0530Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOMETo: user@hadoop.apache.org
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Sandeep L <sa...@outlook.com>.
From: sandeepvreddy@outlook.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:18:34 +0530

From: dontariq@gmail.comDate: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 23:14:08 +0530Subject: Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOMETo: user@hadoop.apache.org
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Sandeep L <sa...@outlook.com>.
From: sandeepvreddy@outlook.com
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:18:34 +0530

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Pramod and Shahab.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,
Extract from source suggests the following
<property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>${hadoop.tmp.dir}/dfs/data</value>
  <description>Determines where on the local filesystem an DFS data node
  should store its blocks.  If this is a comma-delimited
  list of directories, then data will be stored in all named
  directories, typically on different devices.
  Directories that do not exist are ignored.
  </description>
</property>

You can find the default values here
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs-default.html

Pramod N <http://atmachinelearner.blogspot.in>
Bruce Wayne of web
@machinelearner <https://twitter.com/machinelearner>

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Shahab Yunus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pramod N <np...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raj,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Raj,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Raj,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Raj,

Posted by Mohammad Tariq <do...@gmail.com>.
Hello Raj,

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Mustaqeem.

--

With regards ---

Mohammad Mustaqeem,
M.Tech (CSE)
MNNIT Allahabad
9026604270

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Mustaqeem.

--

With regards ---

Mohammad Mustaqeem,
M.Tech (CSE)
MNNIT Allahabad
9026604270

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Mustaqeem.

--

With regards ---

Mohammad Mustaqeem,
M.Tech (CSE)
MNNIT Allahabad
9026604270

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Raj Hadoop <ha...@yahoo.com>.

Thanks Mustaqeem.

--

With regards ---

Mohammad Mustaqeem,
M.Tech (CSE)
MNNIT Allahabad
9026604270

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com>.

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com>.

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com>.

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,

Re: HDFS to a different location other than HADOOP HOME

Posted by Mohammad Mustaqeem <3m...@gmail.com>.

--
*With regards ---*
*Mohammad Mustaqeem*,