Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Nuno Santos <n....@gmail.com> on 2015/06/23 19:22:36 UTC

New contributor

Hello everyone,

  I am a new contributor (well soon to be!) to this project and I am just
getting to know the ropes around the framework.

  I love what flink is about which is what makes me want to contribute to
it.

  I have read the documentation and will still re-read it a couple more
times. I am glancing now over the Jira issues for easy starters to see what
I can pick up.

  Besides these steps, could any one give me pointers as to where to look
in the code in order to understand it better?

  I know tests are a great example of that, are there any classes in
particular I should look into so I can start to get a better grasp of the
framework as a whole?

Many thanks,
Nuno santos.

Re: New contributor

Posted by Chiwan Park <ch...@apache.org>.
Hi.

FLINK-2021 and FLINK-2066 are good issue to start contributing to Flink. :)
You can choose any issues which you want.

If you want contribute the issues, assign the issues to you in JIRA. If you don’t have permission,
just comment in JIRA, then we’ll give the permission to you.

As you know, you can contribute easily and safely with "How to Contribute” guide[1] in web page.
But if you have questions, just post a mail to dev mailing list. We should reply your mail.

I hope your time spent will be enjoyable.

Regards,
Chiwan Park

[1] http://flink.apache.org/how-to-contribute.html

Re: New contributor