Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/06 22:06:18 UTC

Is there any change recently on cxf website(from http---> to https)

Hi Team,

We have several jira tickets about can't load cxf xsd files through http
over the weekend

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SM-4967

Guess this is caused by Apache/CXF website restructuring, but I don't know
the detailed story behind this or if this is temporary|permanent. Does
anyone know what's going on under the hood?

Thanks and Best Regards
Freeman

Re: Is there any change recently on cxf website(from http---> to https)

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
Great response to INFRA, Dan.  I am in agreement they probably should leave http open for the DTD and XSDs because that runs really deep and there is a lot of software out there that is old and probably deprecated that still expects http.

I believe the crux of this issue seems to come back to using the HttpURLConnection as it doesn’t follow 301 redirects if there is a protocol change.  This apparently goes all the way back to JDK 1.3.

https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4620571 <https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4620571>

So it was done by design to not allow protocol changes for redirect follows.

The long term fix is probably to not use HttpURLConnection (or code that calls it) and instead write a utility that can allow a protocol redirect that allows http to https.

Just my .02 and thoughts.

Jeff

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update Dan, this is awesome!

Freeman

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
It still hits http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint/cxf/ <http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint/cxf/> due to no “S” for schema.  I added a request on that ticket… hopefully they will see it as its marked closed… may need to open a new one if they mis it.

Jeff

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrey Redko <dr...@gmail.com>.