Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/28 21:41:05 UTC

License headers needed [Re: svn commit: r437792 - /incubator/cayenne/sandbox/CocoaCayenne/CocoaCayenne/]

Tore,

You need to be using the apache license headers for all files that you
commit to svn.

Re: License headers needed [Re: svn commit: r437792 - /incubator/cayenne/sandbox/CocoaCayenne/CocoaCayenne/]

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, I know the project builder and interface builder files don't
support comments, per se, so I don't think we have to worry about
these.

I think we only have to add them if the file type reasonably supports
them -- I don't think we're required to add extra steps of
post-processing on machine-generated files simply to insert copyright
notices.

If you can put them into the plists without causing adverse effects,
I'd go ahead and do it.   If there's a chance that the parser will
choke on it, I'd leave them out.

You can probably put them into the strings files by creating a
APACHE_LICENSE_HEADER string -- not really sure about that -- but
again, if it's not a "natural" comment, I don't know how rigid we have
to be about it.

I'm not familiar with the pch files, so you'll have to use your best
judgement there.

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
Fine. The other files are:

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.