Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by H <ag...@meddatainc.com> on 2016/11/19 20:56:25 UTC

Transferring Markdown Documents to OpenOffice

I am a recent convert to using markdown for creating draft documents, outlines etc. My primary OS is CentOS where I use geany with a plugin although I believe gedit also allows for creating/editing markdown documents(?) On windows I have both geany, markdown pad ��, and notepad ii.

Now I would also like to create drafts of documents and of slide presentations in markdown to later be transferred to OpenOffice or LibreOffice Writer for finishing the text documents or OpenOffice or LibreOffice Impress for finishing slide presentations. Ideally allowing me to go both ways for the final version.

I do not seem able to accomplish the latter and have not found the ideal markdown editor yet - preferable allowing me to hide sections similarly to what you could do with the old DOS outliners - suggestions welcome!

Thank you.

Re: Transferring Markdown Documents to OpenOffice

Posted by H <ag...@meddatainc.com>.
I downloaded the 32-bit version of Multimarkdown for my netbook running Vista but it does not run on that OS. My other systems are CentOS so I would have to compile it which is not my forte.

Has anyone used it to transfer files to/from markdown and OO/LO? Also, is anyone running it under CentOS, RedHat or Fedora?

Posted by toki <to...@gmail.com>.