Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <ma...@kgalligan.com> on 2006/02/06 16:06:27 UTC

assembly attached to build

I have one project in a multi module build that requires the assembly
plugin to run.  Here's the pom config...

<build>
	<plugins>
         <plugin>
			<version>2.0.1</version>
			<executions>
				<execution>
					<phase>package</phase>
					<goals>
						<goal>assembly</goal>
					</goals>
				</execution>
			</executions>
			<configuration>
				<descriptorId>jar-with-dependencies</descriptorId>
			</configuration>
		</plugin>
      </plugins>
</build>

If you run 'mvn install' directly on this project it works fine.  If you
run that on the higher level (multi-module) it acts differently.  In
2.0, it looked like the context info was off.  It would give errors
while looking for things at the top multi-module level.  I tried forcing
version 2.0.1 of the assembly plugin, and now the multi-module level
just ignores this config completely.  It doesn't try to run assembly at
all.  Still works if you run this project directly.

Any thoughts?