Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Gordon Stewart <go...@slingshot.co.nz> on 2003/05/05 14:25:53 UTC

[users@httpd] Service & re-writes

Hi there,

I notice that apache starts up automatically when I boot up my PC - as a
"service" ?

Ive tried the help files on my PC - However i cant figure out where to
change it so it is NOT a 'service'

IE, I want to start/stop it when I want to. - Not when the PC is booted

Ps - im on a WIN 98 - Compaq

(if I go bin\apache -k shutdown (or stop) - It has problems stopping.. :(  )

ALSO :-

I went  into the httpd.conf  & un-commented the line which says :-

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

- I re-booted (just now) - & my htaccess re-writes still dont work (see below)

Ive made  http://group.domain.com  go to my localhost - So I can test out a
script.

Basically, i want that sub-domain - to activate / run a script..

Do I need to do anything to activate the re-writes ?
This is a copy (slightly altered) of something I use on the live website
(which works)

----------------------
Options +Includes

RewriteEngine On
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} group.kwister.com
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !cgi-bin/groups/view.cgi
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ cgi-bin/groups/view.cgi$1 [L]

Basically, I want it to work - at home - AND on the live Apache website...

Thanks

G.