Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/09 05:18:19 UTC

JDK 10/JDK 18.3 support

Hi,

I'd like to propose a new branch in the Apache NetBeans repository, to
create support for JDK 10/JDK 18.3 named "jdk10". I'd base it on the
jdk-javac branch, so the "JDK 10" support would (for now) be available only
when running on "JDK 10". So far, I have a small patch with partial support
for local variable type inference (JEP 286[1]) - the javac does a lot of
the work for us, so the patch is mostly about adjusting a couple of NB
features.

Any comments?

Thanks,
    Jan

[1] http://openjdk.java.net/jeps/286

Re: JDK 10/JDK 18.3 support

Posted by Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM, Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Jan, I suggest naming it 18.3 for now. As much as I don't like it, I
> don't
> > see it becoming 10... :-(
> >

> I was mostly trying to avoid dealing with a '.' in the branch name :-). So
> jdk18_3, OK?

Ah, I lost the "dot" rationale. I'd be fine with 18_3.

Regards,
Michael

Re: JDK 10/JDK 18.3 support

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, IDEA already has support for it. So I guess we really need a release

Right:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/amber-dev/2017-September/002150.html

for 9 so we can be the first stable IDE with support for JDK 18.3.

Re: JDK 10/JDK 18.3 support

Posted by Michael Nascimento <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: JDK 10/JDK 18.3 support

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com>.