Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Peter Mueller <pm...@decrc.abb.de> on 2001/01/24 18:41:16 UTC

Newbie Question

Hi,

I'm new in using SOAP. Therefore I have some questions how to setup the
environment that I need to start.

I'm on Linux, have all the packages installed (tomcat, xerces ...). But
now the problems start. I want to test the examples that come with soap.
In the sample docu is a hint to "install this service with the
Apache-Soap listener". I found no hint how to do this. Maybe this is
such basic stuff  that this is not necessary in general - blame on me -
but I don't know how to do it.

Can anyone explain this or send me a link to a good introductory site?

Furthermore I have the feeling (coming from Corba) it is a great thing
to use a package that generates client and server stubs for the
developer. What is the prefered solution here? WSDL from IBM or
something else? Is there a good docu explaining all this?

Thank you very much,
Peter