Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net> on 2011/10/31 12:39:55 UTC

IPv6 question

Hi Tomcat community

I'm planning to give a short blurb on IPv6 support in Tomcat at
ApacheCon next week, but as I'm not a heavy Tomcat user, can someone go
over the following information and correct me if I've mis-stated something?

* IP binding is handled by the underlying JRE or via APR if tcnative is used
* If <Connector> only specifies a port, then addresses 0.0.0.0 AND ::
are assumed
* Otherwise, specify address parameter:
- IPv4 as “x.x.x.x”
- IPv6 as “[x:x::x]”

Sample config:

File: server.xml
<Connector port=“8080”
address=“85.195.98.140”
address=“[2a01:7a0:3:200::2:2]”
protocol=“HTTP/1.1”
…
/>

Also, if there are any other points that bear mentioning, I'd be happy
to add them.

Thanks,
Issac

Re: IPv6 question

Posted by Pid * <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 31 Oct 2011, at 14:47, Jeffrey Janner <Je...@polydyne.com> wrote:

> [...]

-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack

RE: IPv6 question

Posted by Jeffrey Janner <Je...@PolyDyne.com>.

Re: IPv6 question

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Issac Goldstand wrote:
> Hi Tomcat community
>
> I'm planning to give a short blurb on IPv6 support in Tomcat at
> ApacheCon next week, but as I'm not a heavy Tomcat user, can someone go
> over the following information and correct me if I've mis-stated something?
>
> * IP binding is handled by the underlying JRE or via APR if tcnative is used
> * If <Connector> only specifies a port, then addresses 0.0.0.0 AND ::
> are assumed
> * Otherwise, specify address parameter:
> - IPv4 as “x.x.x.x”
> - IPv6 as “[x:x::x]”
>
> Sample config:
>
> File: server.xml
> <Connector port=“8080”
> address=“85.195.98.140”
> address=“[2a01:7a0:3:200::2:2]”
> protocol=“HTTP/1.1”
> …
> />
>
> Also, if there are any other points that bear mentioning, I'd be happy
> to add them.

I don't think that one can have multiple addresses per <Connector>.
In your example above, you may need two separate <Connector>'s.

<Connector port=“8080”
  address=“85.195.98.140”
  protocol=“HTTP/1.1”
/>