Posted to api@directory.apache.org by Luis Pérez <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/11 08:26:09 UTC

LdapConnection threadsafe?

Hi,

Is the LdapConnection object threadsafe? Can I perform two concurrent
searches on the same LdapConnection?
I can't find it in the docs, i would appreciate an answer.

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Re: LdapConnection threadsafe?

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 4/11/11 8:26 AM, Luis Pérez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the LdapConnection object threadsafe?
It's supposed to be. You should be able to send a SearchRequest and an
AbandonRequest through the same connection, and see your searchRequest
abandonned (if it's a long one, of course.

> Can I perform two concurrent
> searches on the same LdapConnection?
Yes. But I must admit we never tested this case. We will add some test,
that's a very valid question. I'll be back to you later today when I
have tested this point.

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com