Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/22 15:19:38 UTC

Ec2Snitch & Other snitches...

Hi Everyone,

Can the Ec2Snitch be enabled by adjusting the parameter in the
cassandra.yaml and restarting the node?

More, I suppose the question I'm after is, can the snitch method be
adjusted adhoc (with node restart) or once it's changed from
SimpleSnitch to Ec2Snitch that's it?  What influence does one node
have over the Gossiper?  If i'm not happy with the Ec2Snitch, I want
to change to PropertyFileSnitch ... but if I have 8 nodes at the
moment. ... i don't want to create additional headaches...

--
Sasha Dolgy
sasha.dolgy@gmail.com

Re: Ec2Snitch & Other snitches...

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the good response.

my thought was as aws becomes more and more expensive (no option to swap out
small cheap disks for larger cheap disks...) i'll need to switch to
dedicated hardware and the topology will change.  didnt want to back myself
into a corner early on when the amount of data is still manageable.

-sd

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>.