Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com> on 2007/02/26 20:14:45 UTC

Tags Clean Up

I'm curious to know if anyone ever cleans up their tags folders and only
keep around that tags folder which have made it to a release?  Am I supposed
to clean them up?

Are the tags full folder snapshots of a project or cheap copies of delta
differences?

Thanks

Re: Tags Clean Up

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback

Posted by Duncan Booth <du...@suttoncourtenay.org.uk>.

Re: Tags Clean Up

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
True, I found out that I couldn't run wildcards. Bummer.  Thanks for your
sugesstion.  I did end up writing a huge batch file before I saw your email!

Posted by Dave Grundgeiger <da...@codenouveau.com>.

Re: Tags Clean Up

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you for the help.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: Tags Clean Up

Posted by Res Pons <po...@hotmail.com>.
Great and thank you for your quick response.  That's exactly my problem:
browsing the tags folders takes a long time and I need to start creating
archive folders and move the tags into this subfolder.  I use both Tortoise
and SVN Dos client on my WinXP desktop and our SVN server is a Redhat Linux
box running Apache.

I created a folder named archive in a project's tags subfolder and I could
not highlight multiple tag subfolders and drag them into the archive folder
as Tortoise only allowed me to drag one folder at a time.

I could run svn mv command but the problem is I'm not sure the svn-cli would
allow me to use wild cards. How do I achieve this in one command, do you
know?  My tags folder includes many tag subfolders in the following format:
Buildnnn, where nnn is the next sequential number in the series.

Thanks for your help.

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks