Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by cunparis <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/15 15:02:17 UTC

JSR 181 & Document literal wrapped

I'd like to use JSR 181 to expose a class as a web service using document
literal wrapped encoding.  In DLW each operation must have one parameter
with the same name as the operation, and the return object has the same name
+ Response.  I'm curious if I have to follow these standards in Java when I
design the interfaces or if I can just make normal java methods and have JSR
181 generate the service DLW?

Anyone tried this?

Re: JSR 181 & Document literal wrapped

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tuesday 16 October 2007, cunparis wrote:
> bmargulies wrote:
> > Where are you getting the requirement that the response be named
> > 'Response', as opposed to, say, OpNameResponse?
> >
> > Aside from that, I think that what you are asking for is the default
> > behavior of JAX-WS + JAXB.
>
> For the name of the response, that's what I said: "the return object
> has the same name + Response".
>
> When you say default behavior, my question is do I have to make my
> methods with a single parameter named appropriately or can I say use 3
> parameters and JAX-WS + JAXB will generate a web service with
> operations that take a single parameter.

With JSR-181/JAX-WS, you can do either.

If you want to use a single parameter, you would annotate the class with:
@SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.BARE)

If you want to use multiple params, you wouldn't need to annotate
anything as "wrapped" is the default.   The runtime will automatically
do the wrapping for you.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

RE: JSR 181 & Document literal wrapped

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Unless you ask special for Bare, a method like

String[] bloop (String bleep, int floup)

And the WSDL will give you one return part and one parameters part.

Posted by cunparis <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.