Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com> on 2007/03/10 17:51:56 UTC

RE: svn commit: r516704 - in /james/server/trunk: ./ pheonix-deployment/ pheonix-deployment/lib/ pheonix-deployment/tools/lib/ stage/ stage/activation/ stage/activation/jars/ stage/avalon-framework/ stage/avalon-framework/jars/ stage/avalon-logkit/ stage/

> As requested, maven standard layout adopted for this directory.

By whom?  We are not a maven project, except for the web site, which is only because the only person who had time to do the work refused to use Ant, which is the project standard.  Maven should be gradually removed as we can take advantage of recent Ant enhancements.

	--- Noel

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Noel J. Bergman ha scritto:
>> As requested, maven standard layout adopted for this directory.
>
> By whom?  We are not a maven project, except for the web site, which is only because the only person who had time to do the work refused to use Ant, which is the project standard.  Maven should be gradually removed as we can take advantage of recent Ant enhancements.
>
> 	--- Noel

By me: there is a thread where Robert proposed a structure. Feel free to
  lookup the [PROPOSAL] threads from the last few months.

I asked to follow a specific structure (that is SDL) that was compliant
with what he was proposing and I liked it much more.
He asked if anyone was against this 1 month ago and no one said
anything, so I think (we thought) there was lazy consensus.

Btw I don't have big concern with this: I proposed to use SDL because it
make sense to me and this would simplify my work to keep the website
updated. Of course if anyone else will take care to rewrite the website
stuff with ant or to keep updated maven I've no problem at all.

To put it simple I'm +1 to SDL (Standard Directory Layout) as described
here:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

I am not against any other solution.

Stefano