Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/26 08:39:37 UTC

hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez/lib/guice-3.0.jar is not publicly accessable

Hi,

I setup Tez 0.4 on hadoop 2.2 according to
http://tez.incubator.apache.org/install.html and
http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez_configure_tez.html
.
When running  "$HADOOP_PREFIX/bin/hadoop jar tez-mapreduce-examples.jar
orderedwordcount <input> <output>", got error "resource
hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez/lib/guice-3.0.jar is not publicly accessable and
as such cannot be part of the public cache".

How to fix this issue? Thanks.

Regards,
Jack

Re: hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez/lib/guice-3.0.jar is not publicly accessable

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
yes, including /apps. I think so, it's weird.

> Is that all the way through, including the /appz directory ? You should
> not be seing a localization error otherwise.
>

> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thanks for reply.
>>
>> The files under "hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez" is 755. All the software and
>> files are handled by same one user. It's weird.

>> You need to ensure that the permissions on the files under "hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez"
>>> are world readable - 755 should work.

>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Qingping

Qingping

Re: hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez/lib/guice-3.0.jar is not publicly accessable

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.

Posted by Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for reply.

The files under "hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez" is 755. All the software and
files are handled by same one user. It's weird.

> You need to ensure that the permissions on the files under "hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez"
> are world readable - 755 should work.
>

> On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Meng QingPing <mq...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I setup Tez 0.4 on hadoop 2.2 according to
>> http://tez.incubator.apache.org/install.html and
>> http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.1.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap-tez_configure_tez.html
>> .
>> When running  "$HADOOP_PREFIX/bin/hadoop jar tez-mapreduce-examples.jar
>> orderedwordcount <input> <output>", got error "resource
>> hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez/lib/guice-3.0.jar is not publicly accessable and
>> as such cannot be part of the public cache".
>>
>> How to fix this issue? Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jack

Qingping

Re: hdfs://mycluster/apps/tez/lib/guice-3.0.jar is not publicly accessable

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.