Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/04 16:44:35 UTC

How to resolve dependencies without building a multi-project

Hi guys,
  In a multi-project, is it possible to resolve its dependencies without
having to build it ?
  I'm trying to find a clean solution for
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-472
  Any idea ?
  How are you doing in IDE plugins ? I have to use something not available
in 2.0.x like mercury ?

Thanks for your help.

--
Arnaud

Re: How to resolve dependencies without building a multi-project

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
Hi Igor,
MavenEmbedder and MavenProjectBuilder are coming from maven-embedder 3.0 ?

Arnaud

Posted by Igor Fedorenko <ig...@ifedorenko.com>.
Arnaud,

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.

>>  As far as Mercury goes - you can use PlexusMercury component: for the
> resolve call you feed a list of repos, scope and a list of GAVs, it returns
> the list of GAVs for the transitive closure.
>
> Example at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/mercury/trunk/mercury-it/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/mercury/plexus/DefaultPlexusMercuryTest.java,
> look at testResolve()
>
> If you don't read the artifacts afterwards - they don't even show up in the
> local repo.

I need to download artifacts because eclipse won't do it for
maven-eclipse-plugin users.
The Mercury API seems fine.
I saw few monthes ago a thread about using it in the dependency plugin.
Nobody began to work on it ?

Posted by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com>.
Arnaud HERITIER wrote:
> Hi guys,
>   In a multi-project, is it possible to resolve its dependencies without
> having to build it ?
>   I'm trying to find a clean solution for
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MECLIPSE-472
>   Any idea ?
>   How are you doing in IDE plugins ? I have to use something not available
> in 2.0.x like mercury ?

As far as Mercury goes - you can use PlexusMercury component: for the
resolve call you feed a list of repos, scope and a list of GAVs, it
returns the list of GAVs for the transitive closure.

Example at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/mercury/trunk/mercury-it/src/test/java/org/apache/maven/mercury/plexus/DefaultPlexusMercuryTest.java,
look at testResolve()

If you don't read the artifacts afterwards - they don't even show up in
the local repo.

Cheers,
Oleg