Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org> on 2017/08/28 21:38:44 UTC

[VOTE] Apache POI 3.17 release (RC2)

Hi *,

I've prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 3.17 (RC2).

The most notable changes in this release are:

- Various modules: add sanity checks and fix infinite loops / OOMs caused by fuzzed data
- OPC: fix linebreak handling on XML signature calculation (#61182)
- SS Common: fix number formatting (github-43/52, #60422)
- SXSSF: fix XML processing - unicode surrogates and line breaks (#61048, #61246)

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/3.17-RC2/

I'll add the summary to the change log on releasing the artifacts.

Please vote to release the artifacts.
The vote keeps open for 72hrs, 2017-09-01, 23:59 UTC,
planned release announcement date is Monday, 2017-09-04.

Here is my +1

Andi

Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 3.17 release (RC2)

Posted by Javen O'Neal <ja...@gmail.com>.
Github-69 would be worth reviewing and committing if we're going to do an
RC3.

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

The re-run on rev 1806843 looks good, only 38 failures compared to 3.15,
all of them similar to what we saw in the previous runs, mostly stuff that
is newly tested/implemented now.

Thanks... Dominik.

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
Via not in...

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.
My fault...fixed in 61475.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Posted by "Allison, Timothy B." <ta...@mitre.org>.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.
I'd like to see something like the array formula support run through the
regression suite and common-crawl before we put it out there, as I suspect
there are a lot of variations to the syntax, some of which may cause things
like NPEs or other unexpected behavior.  Rather than push a big change and
see what happens, I'd like to see if we can pick up some additional unit
tests from existing files first.

I'd also prefer it not cause a delay in 3.17 to do those things and handle
any additional cases that pop up out of that testing.

That said, I'm excited to see that additional support, but think it would
be best to do that in 4.0 or a theoretical 3.18, where there is time for
test builds, more testing, and comments before baking it in.

Posted by Andreas Beeker <ki...@apache.org>.

Posted by Greg Woolsey <gr...@gmail.com>.