Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/11 04:56:57 UTC

[VOTE] promote s:xmlTemplate to tomahawk

Hi

This is the last proposal of vote before release of tomahawk, after previous
discussions about if any task is left.

s:xmlTemplate component Transforms XML using and XSL stylesheet.

This component is used to transform XML (from either a String or URL) using
XSLT.

 So please vote in the following way

[+1] for agreeing with promoting the component to the next Tomahawk release.
[-1] for disagreeing with promoting the component to the next Tomahawk
release.

Suggestion are welcome

regards

Leonardo Uribe

Re: [VOTE] promote s:xmlTemplate to tomahawk

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
++1.

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

Re: [VOTE] promote s:xmlTemplate to tomahawk

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 on xmlTransform

-M

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 11:24 PM, simon <si...@chello.at> wrote:
> [...]
> "String containing the XML content to be transformed".
>
> And all these existing descriptions seems fine; clear and easy to
> understand.
>
> So if "transform" is the right work to use when documenting this
> component, it seems to me to be the right work to use in the component
> *name* too.
>
> JSF components generally use passive nouns as names ("h:checkbox",
> "h:dataTable", "h:column", "h:commandButton"). The name "xmlTransform"
> does sound a little more "active", but in a mathematical sense "a
> transform" is an algorithm (a noun), so syntactically it seems
> acceptable too.
>
> So +1 for calling this "t:xmlTransform".
>
> Regards,
> Simon
>

> On Wed, 2008-07-16 at 02:59 +0300, Hazem Saleh wrote:
>> I donot know if XmlTransform sounds better for the guys. we may vote
>> about this new name.
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:55 AM, Andrew Robinson
>> <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>         What about the rename?
>>

>>         On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Hazem Saleh
>>         <ha...@apache.org> wrote:
>>         > Promotion is done.
>>         >
>>         > On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Hazem Saleh
>>         <ha...@apache.org> wrote:
>>         >>
>>         >> I documented the component and will work on its promotion.
>>         >>
>>         >> On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Bruno Aranda
>>         >> wrote:
>>         >>>
>>         >>> +1
>>         >>>
>>         >>> 2008/7/11 Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>:
>>         >>> > +1, and I would think it could benefit from a name
>>         change.
>>         >>> > XmlTransform sounds better? At least in the
>>         documentation it says it
>>         >>> > transforms, so IMO that would be a much more fitting
>>         name
>>         >>> >
>>         >>> > On 2008-07-10, Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>         >>> >> Hi
>>         >>> >>
>>         >>> >> This is the last proposal of vote before release of
>>         tomahawk, after
>>         >>> >> previous
>>         >>> >> discussions about if any task is left.
>>         >>> >>
>>         >>> >> s:xmlTemplate component Transforms XML using and XSL
>>         stylesheet.
>>         >>> >>
>>         >>> >> This component is used to transform XML (from either a
>>         String or URL)
>>         >>> >> using
>>         >>> >> XSLT.
>>         >>> >>
>>         >>> >>  So please vote in the following way
>>         >>> >>
>>         >>> >> [+1] for agreeing with promoting the component to the
>>         next Tomahawk
>>         >>> >> release.
>>         >>> >> [-1] for disagreeing with promoting the component to

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [VOTE] promote s:xmlTemplate to tomahawk

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Just to make mine official:

+1 for xmlTransform

Re: [VOTE] promote s:xmlTemplate to tomahawk

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
+1 for xmlTransform as well.

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.