Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2004/07/30 21:47:44 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apr-util/ldap apr_ldap_init.c

minfrin@apache.org wrote:

>   Add APR functions to do the job of ldap_init(), hiding toolkit
>   specific SSL/TLS handling. Code derived from httpd util_ldap.

This code was moved from util_ldap.c. It compiles, but has not been run yet.

The purpose of this piece of code is to provide a replacement of
ldap_init() that knows about secure connections, and can hide toolkit
specific stuff. It still returns an LDAP structure as defined by the C SDK.

Next is to move the util_ldap_connection_t structure into apr-util,
which will allow us to follow the same pattern of structure creation as
used elsewhere in APR.

The code as it stands achieves the task of moving all the #ifdefs out of
util_ldap - we may want to wait for apr v1.0.1 before worrying about
util_ldap_connection_t.

Next task: namespace protect what is in apr_ldap_url.

Regards,
Graham