Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com> on 2002/05/08 15:57:04 UTC

Funky A's in output??

On Sun, May 05, 2002 at 11:13:52PM -0400, Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Using the examples/simple in the distro, I carefully replaced the
> example1.xml with the xml below (carefully to keep the transfer from
> screwing up the charset) and then used two different .dvsl files :

I apologize if this is a duplicate message; however, I haven't seen the
message on the list yet, and I'm not sure if I actually sent it the
first time.

In any case, could someone please verify that these funky A's show up
for them as well.  Here is a very simple test:

   - Edit the example in the DVSL distribution examples/simple/xdocs
     directory such that example1.xml contains the following:

        <?xml version="1.0"?>

        <document>
          <section name="foo">
               Hello from &#145;section&#146; foo
          </section>
          <section name="bar">
               Hello from section bar
          </section>
        </document>

     The only difference between the above file and the one in the
     distribution is the use of "&#145;" and "&#146;" which are single
     left and single right quotes respectively.

   - Then build the example and look at the resulting HTML document that
     has been generated.  Do you see funky A's where the single quotes
     should be?  Or is it just me?

What I'm unclear about is why this works fine with Anakia, but not DVSL.
Both use Velocity so I'm hesistant to modify any Velocity specific
settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Pete