Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by hg...@cswebmail.com on 2003/03/03 21:33:21 UTC

entity encoding error within an inline java script

entity encoding error within an inline java script

Dear all,

I have a stylesheet with inline javascript.
I use CDATA and <xsl:text> as follows to avoid coding
entities:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
// <![CDATA[
function addgroup(){

This stylsheet produces the right html output when I
process it with Saxon.
However Cocoon does nonetheless code the entitis e.g.:

while (r.childNodes.length>0){

produces with Cocoon

while (r.childNodes.length&gt;0){

etc.

What do I need to change in the stylesheet to get the
right result ?

Kind regards,

Holger

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!

Re: entity encoding error within an inline java script

Posted by Jens Maukisch <co...@maukisch.net>.

> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
> // <![CDATA[
> function addgroup(){

> while (r.childNodes.length&gt;0){

Do you use xsltc to process your stylesheet ?
iirc it does not support 'disable-output-escaping' ...

use xalan or so instead ...

--
* best regards
* Jens Maukisch

Re: entity encoding error within an inline java script

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
hgadm@cswebmail.com wrote:
> entity encoding error within an inline java script
>
> Dear all,
>
> I have a stylesheet with inline javascript.
> I use CDATA and <xsl:text> as follows to avoid coding
> entities:

> <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">
> // <![CDATA[
> function addgroup(){

Disable-output-escaping does not work with Cocoon pipelines.
The HTML serializer should do the right thing even without
d-o-e.
If you are serializing XHTML, well, bad luck. Check the Xalan
docu if there is an extension denoting XHTML output (declare
a serializer). Saxon has such an extension, I've successfully
used it with Cocoon.

J.Pietschmann