Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rafael Taboada <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/20 18:48:36 UTC

View side

Hi folks... I'm going to start a new project using my favorite framework:
Struts.
 In my first project (it isn't finished yet) for VIEW side I used taglibs
with a little JSTL (core).
 All work fine... But with the new topic I heard in this list about AJAX,
JSF, VELOCITY... I'm confused how to start my new project... What is the
best approach to use for the VIEW side????... I mean... Right now, how can I
start to program my "JSPs"???
 Thanks a lot...

--
Rafael Taboada
Software Engineer

Cell : +511-97753290

"No creo en el destino pues no me gusta tener la idea de controlar mi vida"

Re: View side

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Rafael

Using any technology which transmits only deltas between client and server
has my vote
Especially when those deltas are transmitted using standardised XML
formats..
+1 for Ajax

Buena Suerte
Martin

Re: View side

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
That wasn't even the FIRST AjaxTags...

http://struts.sourceforge.net/ajaxtags/index.html

And then there's the currently-supported version:

http://javawebparts.sourceforge.net/javadocs/index.html

Sorry... the AjaxTags you referenced is kind of a sore point for me...
the authors were less than reasonable in my opinion in terms of trying
to resolve the name conflict, so I like to point out the alternative
whenever possible :)

Frank

--
Frank W. Zammetti

[...]