Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Robert Douglass <ro...@hype.de> on 2002/07/24 11:42:35 UTC

using a database repository

In the config.xml file, I read that there is an option to have the mail
repository be a database. The instructions include
>The format for the destinationURL is "db://<data-source>/<table>"

Can anybody suggest what the table should look like in this case to be able
to handle the mails? Can I simply name a database in the <data-source>
block, like an Access db, for example? Or is there another level of
abstraction that I should observe (JDBC, for example)?  Thanks for your
suggestions,

Robert Douglass

RE: using a database repository

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Robert,

This all works with JDBC.  Lower in the config file are where the
connections are defined.  In sqlResources.xml are where the various
statements necessary are defined.  James will create the tables for you if
they don't exist.

	--- Noel