Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by wallace <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/26 01:53:06 UTC

Activemq 5.0.0 working on Linux?

I just downloaded activemq5.0.0 and run it. (bin/activemq). The console
showed the exception after 10 seconds. Is it a known issue?

my jdk: jdk150_14
]$ uname -a
Linux vanredhat2.us.dnb.com 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP Fri Jan 26 14:15:14 EST 2007
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Problem not seen on window.

-Wallace

ERROR efaultMessageListenerContainer - Setup of JMS message listener invoker
failed - trying to recover
javax.jms.JMSException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did not send
his wire format.
        at
org.apache.activemq.util.JMSExceptionSupport.create(JMSExceptionSupport.java:62)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1183)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.ensureConnectionInfoSent(ActiveMQConnection.java:1262)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.createSession(ActiveMQConnection.java:292)
        at
org.springframework.jms.support.JmsAccessor.createSession(JmsAccessor.java:200)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.doReceiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:292)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.receiveAndExecute(AbstractPollingMessageListenerContainer.java:254)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.invokeListener(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:871)
        at
org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:818)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Wire format negotiation timeout: peer did
not send his wire format.
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.oneway(WireFormatNegotiator.java:85)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.MutexTransport.oneway(MutexTransport.java:40)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.asyncRequest(ResponseCorrelator.java:70)
        at
org.apache.activemq.transport.ResponseCorrelator.request(ResponseCorrelator.java:75)
        at
org.apache.activemq.ActiveMQConnection.syncSendPacket(ActiveMQConnection.java:1172)
        ... 8 more

Re: Activemq 5.0.0 working on Linux?

Posted by wallace <wa...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Dejan,

I already removed the network connectors part (that was my guess too). But
the problem persist. It does not happen on another linux 64 machine. Still
figuring why it happens on this machine.

Thanks much,
-Wallace

    <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616" >
       <transportConnector name="ssl"     uri="ssl://localhost:61617"/>
       <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
       <transportConnector name="xmpp"    uri="xmpp://localhost:61222"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <!-- The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to -->
<!--
    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>
-->

Hi Wallace,

try disabling multicast (which was set by default in 5.0) and see if it
helps.

Chee

Re: Activemq 5.0.0 working on Linux?

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Hi Wallace,

try disabling multicast (which was set by default in 5.0) and see if it
helps.

Cheers

--
Dejan Bosanac