Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ssurabhi <ss...@hotwire.com> on 2010/02/02 00:25:25 UTC

setting timetolive on ActiveMQ queue

Hello,

i am trying to figure if there is any way to set timetolive on "Destination"
basis. I know we can set at MessageProducer level. I am trying to find out
an equivalent function as weblogic jms. Weblogic JMS supports
"delivery-override-params" attribute at queue level where we can set the
time to live.

Thanks
Satish

Re: setting timetolive on ActiveMQ queue

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
ok. please include your use case, as in why you want this functionality.
Some variant of the timestamp plugin may already suffice.

On 2 February 2010 00:02, ssurabhi <ss...@hotwire.com> wrote:

> Gary,
>
> Unfortunately this is not what i was looking for. We are already using
> Spring JMSTemplate to set a global timetolive on the messages which serves
> the same purpose as timestampplugin.
>
> From your answer it is clear that we currently dont have per destination
> feature. I will ty to open issue.
>

> Thanks
> Satish
>

> Gary Tully wrote:
> >
> > The time stamp broker plugin can do this for you for all messages that do
> > not set a timetolive,
> > see: http://activemq.apache.org/timestampplugin.html
> >
> > Seems like a nice per destination feature though, if the timestamp plugin
> > does not meet your requirement, please open a jira issue to track this
> > enhancement.
> >
> > On 1 February 2010 23:25, ssurabhi <ss...@hotwire.com> wrote:
> >

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> i am trying to figure if there is any way to set timetolive on
> >> "Destination"
> >> basis. I know we can set at MessageProducer level. I am trying to find
> >> out
> >> an equivalent function as weblogic jms. Weblogic JMS supports
> >> "delivery-override-params" attribute at queue level where we can set the
> >> time to live.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Satish
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > http://blog.garytully.com
> >
> > Open Source Integration
> > http://fusesource.com

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: setting timetolive on ActiveMQ queue

Posted by ssurabhi <ss...@hotwire.com>.
Gary,

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
The time stamp broker plugin can do this for you for all messages that do
not set a timetolive,
see: http://activemq.apache.org/timestampplugin.html

Seems like a nice per destination feature though, if the timestamp plugin
does not meet your requirement, please open a jira issue to track this
enhancement.

On 1 February 2010 23:25, ssurabhi <ss...@hotwire.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> i am trying to figure if there is any way to set timetolive on
> "Destination"
> basis. I know we can set at MessageProducer level. I am trying to find out
> an equivalent function as weblogic jms. Weblogic JMS supports
> "delivery-override-params" attribute at queue level where we can set the
> time to live.
>
> Thanks
> Satish

http://blog.garytully.com