Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by ServiceMixNewbie <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/18 17:05:00 UTC

NewBie question - Using camel-jetty inside ServiceMix- Please help!!!

Hi,

I have some fundamental questions about using camel-jetty inside ServiceMix.
My ultimate goal is to proxy remote REST services.  I started off by
creating a camel-jetty endpoint.
However when I try the endpoint through the browser it says -"unable to
connect". In order camel-jetty , should I install jetty in the SU as well? I
tried it, jetty wont run without a webapp or web.xml .
Your help will be greatly appreciated as I am very lost. If someone could
help me with some hints to build a REST proxy it would be majorly helpful.
Also I would like to learn of any existing Authentication, Authorization
capabilities in ServiceMix.

Again - pardon me for the dumb questions and your help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: NewBie question - Using camel-jetty inside ServiceMix- Please help!!!

Posted by ServiceMixNewbie <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes I have a camel-context.xml that looks like
<camel:route>
<camel:from uri="jetty:http://0.0.0.0:8192/godplease" />
<camel:to uri="cxfrs://bean://rsServer" />
</camel:route>
<camel:route>
<camel:from uri="cxfrs://bean://rsServer">
<camel:to uri="cxfrs://bean://rsClient"/>
</camel:route>

and my pom.xml for the Camel Service Unit looks like

<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-jetty</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-http</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
			<artifactId>camel-core</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
			<artifactId>camel-http</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
			<artifactId>camel-spring</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
			<artifactId>camel-cxf</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
			<artifactId>camel-jetty</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.camel</groupId>
			<artifactId>camel-servlet</artifactId>
<version>2.3.0</version>
		</dependency>
  </dependencies>

What am I doing wrong?

Re: NewBie question - Using camel-jetty inside ServiceMix- Please help!!!

Posted by Johan Edstrom <jo...@opennms.org>.
camel jetty is a component for camel, you'd want to have a camelContext

On Jun 18, 2010, at 9:05 AM, ServiceMixNewbie wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have some fundamental questions about using camel-jetty inside ServiceMix.
> My ultimate goal is to proxy remote REST services.  I started off by
> creating a camel-jetty endpoint.
> However when I try the endpoint through the browser it says -"unable to
> connect". In order camel-jetty , should I install jetty in the SU as well? I
> tried it, jetty wont run without a webapp or web.xml .
> Your help will be greatly appreciated as I am very lost. If someone could
> help me with some hints to build a REST proxy it would be majorly helpful.
> Also I would like to learn of any existing Authentication, Authorization
> capabilities in ServiceMix.
>
> Again - pardon me for the dumb questions and your help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Johan Edstrom

joed@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.