Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Mark Bramnik <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/17 17:43:53 UTC

Customr Sink with bulk processing

Hi, I'm a newbie in a flume world, and I have a question about the custom
sink.

I would like to use flume process to gather log files and push them into
the database.
I know that I have to implement the sink because we're interested in very
specific database with a very specific table structure which is not
supported by flume.

So, I need to create a custom Sink which is well explained in flume
documentation. However I would like to process the events from the channel
in bulk (use bulk insert into db).

What is the best approach to implement such a code?
I'm not sure how to implement this logic given the fact that the event
taken from the channel can't be put back/we don't have something like
peek() in the channel.

Thanks a lot in advance and have a nice day :)

Mark

Re: Customr Sink with bulk processing

Posted by Roshan Naik <ro...@hortonworks.com>.
A large batchSize on sink is not good enough ?
-roshan

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE