Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> on 2016/07/17 08:00:47 UTC

Deploying with .kar files - "feature already installed" on restart

Hey all,

We're finally updating our Karaf versions and reworking how we deploy our application, and we're looking at using `.kar` files, when we drop them into the `deploy` directory of karat and start up everything seems good and the features all install, but - when restarting we end up with lots of errors in the log saying "feature XXX already installed" as tho Karaf ( 4.0.5 ) is trying to redeploy the kar files.

Is that normal behaviour? I would have expected/hoped that Karaf would have noticed that it was already deployed, and just moved out without errors.

Also, we're looking to move our configuration files into a kar file (using `src/main/resources/resources` currently) and see that it just drops those files directly into the karaf installation directory, but doesn't remove them when removing a kar file.

Is there a better way of handling bundled config that doesn't require write access to the installation base, and that can cleanup if removed?

Mark

--
Mark Derricutt
http://www.theoryinpractice.net