Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Conor <c_...@hotmail.com> on 2020/11/25 22:55:53 UTC

Using PDFBox to Remove Layers

Hello,

I've been trying to use the PDFBox library to remove layers/optional content groups from some PDFs but I haven't been able to get it work.

I've tried following the examples here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45053923/how-to-delete-an-optional-content-group-alongwith-its-content-from-pdf-using-pdf

but it doesn't seem to actually delete the layer.

I'm using PDFBox in a C#/.NET project and it's already set up, integrated and working to add watermarks/stamps to PDFs. I need it to be able to detect iof a PDF has a layer and if it does, remove it then do some more processing and then output the final result to a location. Everything is working except the layer removal portion.

Is there a way to do this? I'm using PDFBox 2.0.2.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Conor