Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by og...@yahoo.com on 2006/08/12 05:17:45 UTC

hadoop.log vs. nutch.log

Hi,

In bin/nutch I saw this:

if [ "$NUTCH_LOGFILE" = "" ]; then
  NUTCH_LOGFILE='hadoop.log'
fi

Wouldn't it make more sense to name the file nutch.log?  Everything there is Nutch-specific - Injector, Generator.... and I see some mapred things.  But as a Nutch user I'd expect to see nutch.log, not hadoop.log there.

Otis

Re: hadoop.log vs. nutch.log

Posted by Sami Siren <ss...@gmail.com>.
ogjunk-nutch@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In bin/nutch I saw this:
>
> if [ "$NUTCH_LOGFILE" = "" ]; then NUTCH_LOGFILE='hadoop.log' fi
>

> Wouldn't it make more sense to name the file nutch.log?  Everything
> there is Nutch-specific - Injector, Generator.... and I see some
> mapred things.  But as a Nutch user I'd expect to see nutch.log, not
> hadoop.log there.

Please see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-307?page=all
for why it was changed to hadoop.log.

--