Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com> on 2008/08/21 20:29:20 UTC

Adding plugin dependencies via a profile

I'm writing a custom enforcer rule to enforce that my build contains no
snapshot dependencies.  I only want to run the rule in a profile call
'release'.  But since I'm already using the enforcer plugin in my build
outside the profile it can't find my custom rule if I declare the plugin
dependency within the profile.  I see a couple dead threads related to this
issue but no resolution.  Does Maven allow you to override or append a
plugin's dependencies using a profile?  How have people gotten around this
issue when enforcing custom rules?

Re: Adding plugin dependencies via a profile

Posted by jaxzin <Br...@espn3.com>.
My current solution, since this declaration is being made in a parent pom, is
to declare the plugin with the custom rule dependency in the parent's build,
and then the execution in the profile named 'release'.  This allows children
to define additional executions while preserving the dependency on the
custom rule.