Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/15 18:44:00 UTC

add or import

Suppose current directory is working copy of $repos.
After
$ mkdir subdir
is
$ svn add subdir && svn commit
roughly equivalent to
$ svn import subdir $repos/subdir
?
--
Roman I. Cheplyaka

Re: add or import

Posted by Mark <ma...@mitsein.net>.
or, just do:
svn mkdir -m 'making new dir' svn://blah/blah/newdir
svn update

On 9/15/06, Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 02:50:36PM -0400, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> > I don't think import converts the directory into a working copy, so
> > you'd need to check it out after the second command.  This requires some
> > fiddling when the files already exist.
> Ah, sure. I mean, must the state of repositary after these operations be
> identical?
> --
> Roman I. Cheplyaka
> ― Если бы бог был, то я дал бы ему в рожу за то, что здесь происходит!
>   Майк Науменко

Mark
"Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness, for he will
always be happy."

Re: add or import

Posted by Roman Cheplyaka <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: add or import

Posted by Duncan Murdoch <mu...@stats.uwo.ca>.
On 9/15/2006 2:44 PM, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> Suppose current directory is working copy of $repos.
> After
> $ mkdir subdir
> is
> $ svn add subdir && svn commit
> roughly equivalent to
> $ svn import subdir $repos/subdir

I don't think import converts the directory into a working copy, so
you'd need to check it out after the second command.  This requires some
fiddling when the files already exist.

So in general add and commit is preferred.

Duncan Murdoch