Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/19 21:50:08 UTC

deploying apps to a specific port

Hi All,
is there a way to deploy a particular application to a specific port without having to define an entirely new virtual host?

is it possible to point/bind to a specific (already defined) web connector?

Cheers!
Hernan

Re: deploying apps to a specific port

Posted by Hernan Cunico <hc...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick reply David. This is the geronimo-web.xml I tried and it worked but I am also creating a new virtual host.
It didn't look right when I first tried it and you just confirmed this is not the right way to do it. However all my attempts to define a new container and connector failed to deploy or to start if I wasn't also defining a whole new virtual host.

Any pointer for where "cut" this plan?

Thanks in advance.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/web-1.1">
    <environment>
        <moduleId>
            <groupId>samples.applications</groupId>
            <artifactId>HelloWorldApp</artifactId>
            <version>1.1</version>
        </moduleId>
    </environment>

    <context-root>/hello1</context-root>

        <web-container>
                 <gbean-link>TomcatWebContainer1</gbean-link>
        </web-container>

        <gbean name="TomcatWebConnector1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.ConnectorGBean">
                <attribute name="name">HTTP</attribute>
                <attribute name="host">localhost</attribute>
                <attribute name="port">8081</attribute>
                <attribute name="maxHttpHeaderSizeBytes">8192</attribute>
                <attribute name="maxThreads">150</attribute>
                <attribute name="minSpareThreads">25</attribute>
                <attribute name="maxSpareThreads">75</attribute>
                <attribute name="hostLookupEnabled">false</attribute>
                <attribute name="redirectPort">8453</attribute>
                <attribute name="acceptQueueSize">100</attribute>
                <attribute name="connectionTimeoutMillis">20000</attribute>
                <attribute name="uploadTimeoutEnabled">false</attribute>
                <reference name="TomcatContainer">
                        <name>TomcatWebContainer1</name>
                </reference>
        </gbean>

    <gbean name="TomcatWebContainer1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatContainer">
        <attribute name="catalinaHome">var/catalina</attribute>
        <reference name="EngineGBean">
            <name>TomcatEngine1</name>
        </reference>

        <reference name="ServerInfo">
            <name>ServerInfo</name>
        </reference>

        <reference name="WebManager">
            <name>TomcatWebManager</name>
        </reference>

        </gbean>

    <gbean name="TomcatEngine1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.EngineGBean">
        <attribute name="className">org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.TomcatEngine</attribute>
        <attribute name="initParams">
            name=Geronimo1
        </attribute>

        <reference name="DefaultHost">
            <name>TomcatHost1</name>
        </reference>

        <references name="Hosts">
            <pattern>
                <name>TomcatHost1</name>
            </pattern>
        </references>

        <reference name="RealmGBean">
            <name>TomcatJAASRealm</name>
        </reference>
    </gbean>

    <gbean name="TomcatHost1" class="org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.HostGBean">
        <attribute name="className">org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost</attribute>
        <attribute name="initParams">
            name=localhost
            appBase=
            workDir=work