Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2007/07/20 10:55:01 UTC

[ANN] groovy-maven-plugin 1.0-beta-1

Hello, me again :-)

I am once again pleased to announce the release of the Groovy Maven
Plugin version 1.0-beta-1.

  * * *

This release includes a few significants bits...

  * Uses Groovy 1.1-beta-2 (and Ant 1.7)
  * New goal to invoke GroovyDoc and site report support

Some other minor bits, like improved support for mojo implementations
and a few bugs fixed too.

Site is still here:

      http://mojo.codehaus.org/groovy/

See the change log for the full list of stuff that was changed:

     http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
reset=true&pid=11532&fixfor=13497

Please use, enjoy and report any issues or spontaneous happiness you
run into while using it.

Cheers,

--jason

Re: [groovy-user] [ANN] groovy-maven-plugin 1.0-beta-1

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
FYI, I've started to add a list of Maven plugins which have been
implemented in Groovy here:

     http://mojo.codehaus.org/groovy/groovy-plugins.html

I am interested to know if there are any more plugins that I can add
up here.  I think its helpful to list them so that folks can get an
idea how others are using it, maybe even see some reference code for
how simply it is.  If you have a plugin thats using this integration
or know of one, can you please ping back the list
( user@mojo.codehaus.org ) with a URL?

I've listed the major ones I've converted as well as the 2 new
example plugins that I created to show how simple it is.  The
examples are stripped down version of the standard maven-clean-plugin
and maven-install-plugin.  I didn't add all of the goals, but they
are just examples anyways ;-)

I may soon add a brief comparison of the source-code size between a
groovy plugin and its java version just for kicks too ;-)

Cheers,

--jason