Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Aravinda Dassanayake <ar...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 14:25:59 UTC

Commons Mail - how to avoid mail ending up in 'junk'

Hi guys,

I am working on an email application where most of the time the mails are
viewed through MS Outlook and Evolution. In most cases, the mails that I
send programmatically end up in the junk folder.

Is there any method to avoid this at a programming level?

Regards,
Aravinda

Re: Commons Mail - how to avoid mail ending up in 'junk'

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 28/04/2009, Tom H <to...@limepepper.co.uk> wrote:
> Aravinda Dassanayake wrote:
>  > Hi guys,
>  >
>  > I am working on an email application where most of the time the mails are
>  > viewed through MS Outlook and Evolution. In most cases, the mails that I
>  > send programmatically end up in the junk folder.
>  >
>  > Is there any method to avoid this at a programming level?
>

> Hi,
>
>  Obviously without an example of a mail or a spam report its not possible
>  to determine the exact cause of your problem. However its likely that
>  the mails you are creating are missing or have oddly formatted headers
>  or other attributes. (From, mail Id, dates, no mx record)

Try exporting some raw message for both ham and spam messages, and
compare the headers.

Posted by Tom H <to...@limepepper.co.uk>.