Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> on 2006/11/28 10:44:53 UTC

http transport/channel dysfunctional since last change

Hello Nadir,

With your latest changes (i got the via svn up today) http communication
completely ceases to work.
1) If the server side does not close, the axis client waits forever.
2) If the server closes (this is for me the normal case; i get
Proxy-Connection: close in the response) the client faults with
    HTTPTransportException: Input streaming error while reading from
channel. Remote side of socket has been closed.
In fact both case should work, because
1) The server sends the complete message as announced with Content-Length.
2) Closing of the server side is normal and not an error.

Can you have a look at the problem and perhaps revert some of your changes?

Thanks and best regards

Franz

Re: http transport/channel dysfunctional since last change

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Franz, yes I plan to look into this area of the code....

Nadir K. Amra

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Thank you Nadir.

Franz

Nadir Amra schrieb:
> Franz,
>
> Looks like your colleague was right.  Should now be resolved. See
> AXISCPP-1021 for details.
>
> Nadir K. Amra
>
> Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de> wrote on 01/08/2007 10:14:31 AM:
>

>> Hello Nadir,
>>
>> Will you reintroduce your enhancements?
>> I am particulary interested because a colleague of mine told me
>> about difficulties with
>> Nonrobust Axis connection handling (after connection goes down, Axis
>> throws exceptions on further WS calls instead of reconnecting).
>> Axis not fully closing connections after successful WS call
>> (increase in number of unused connections over time).
>> I have not verified this personally, but my colleague is rather capable.
>> Are problems in this field known?
>>
>> Thanks and best regards
>>
>> Franz

Dr. Franz Fehringer (Dipl. Math.)
Projektleiter Touristik-Systeme
____________________________________
ISO Software Systeme GmbH
Eichendorffstrasse 29
90491 N�rnberg
Germany

Tel.: +49/(911) - 99594-0

mailto:Franz.Fehringer@isogmbh.de
http://www.isogmbh.de

Amtsgericht N�rnberg HRB 18299
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Dipl.-Inform., Dipl.-Kaufm. Harald Goeb
Sitz: N�rnberg

Re: http transport/channel dysfunctional since last change

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Franz,

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.
Hello Nadir,

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Franz,

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Will ook into it immediately, although I tested the client side of things,
I may have inadvertently put in some transport stuff.

Posted by Franz Fehringer <fe...@isogmbh.de>.