Posted to dev@kyuubi.apache.org by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org> on 2021/09/22 06:52:16 UTC

[DISCUSS] Inconsistent package name in kyuubi-hive-jdbc module

Hi developers,

Currently, we have a module named `kyuubi-hive-jdbc`, but the classes'
package name lacks `hive`, for instance,
`org.apache.kyuubi.jdbc.KyuubiDriver`, it's a bit inconsistent.

I propose 3 change options to make it consistent.

1. remame `kyuubi-hive-jdbc` to `kyubbi-jdbc`
2. change pacakge `org.apache.kyuubi.jdbc` to `org.apache.kyuubi.jdbc.hive`
3. change pacakge `org.apache.kyuubi.jdbc` to `org.apache.kyuubi.hive.jdbc`

I'd like to hear what other people think.

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Re: [DISCUSS] Inconsistent package name in kyuubi-hive-jdbc module

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the feedback, raised a PR[1] to implement option 4

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-kyuubi/pull/1147

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

Posted by wangsheng <22...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1, for option 4

Posted by hongdd <jn...@163.com>.
+1, for option 4

Thanks,
hongdd

On 09/23/2021 10:35,Cheng Pan<ch...@apache.org> wrote:
Make sense, then we have a new option:

4. rename `KyuubiDriver` to `KyuubiHiveDriver`, and move all other classes
like `KyuubiConnection` from `o.a.k.jdbc` to `o.a.k.jdbc.hive`

Thanks,
Cheng Pan

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 10:18 AM Kent Yao <ya...@apache.org> wrote:

How about we use o.a.k.jdbc.KyuubiHiveDriver, which is more elegant and
user-friendly to me. If we are going to add other protocol support, we can
simply name it o.a.k.jdbc.KyuubiXXXDriver,

Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org> 于2021年9月22日周三 下午2:52写道:

Posted by XiDuo You <ul...@gmail.com>.
+1 for option 4

Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org> 于2021年9月23日周四 上午10:35写道: