Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Markus Hardiyanto <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/12/13 12:51:38 UTC

delete spam email's attachement

hello,

on my current spamassassin settings, if it detect an email as spam, the message body of spam email will be modified as an attachment. the problem is if a user create an email forwarder to other mail server. the other mail server will scan the email (with spam message attached) and mark the email as spam with my server's IP address as the sender. of course i don't want my server's IP address to be blacklisted.

my question is: how to configure spamassassin to just strip the email body instead of attaching it? and only send the header email, so the recipient only receive an email with [SPAM] tagged subject. if the recipient think that the email is a false positive he/she can email the sender to re-send the email.

how can i achieve this? for your information my mail server is exim.

Best Regards,

Markus