Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com> on 2021/04/19 20:53:28 UTC

What JavaFX tab??

I tried to create a new project: New Project->Java with Ant->JavaFX
Application (or JavaFX in Swing Application).  When hitting “Next”, a
screen asks me wether I want to download & activate JavaFX or just
activate.  Since I previously downloaded an FX distribution, I picked
“Activate”.  Then I get an error message (see screenshot) that tells me
that activation failed and that I should go to the Platform Manager, create
a new platform, and click on the “JavaFX” tab, pointing to the relevant
JavaFX files on my machine.  But when I try to create a new platform (or
just pick an existing one), there’s no “JavaFX tab”!?  Are these
instructions leftover from some older version of Netbeans?  I’m running
v12.3 on macOS BigSur.

Thnx for all info,
Tom

Re: What JavaFX tab??

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
JavaFX with Ant based projects in NetBeans only works if you’re running on
JDK 8.

Best to not use Ant at all, if you can help it: Maven and Gradle are the
modern build systems.

Gj