Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2002/09/17 22:36:40 UTC

Re: Fix for paragraph breaking.

Klaas_Bals@inventivedesigners.com wrote:
> I fixed a problem that FOP had with breaking loooooong words. If these
> words were too long to fit on one line, and no hyphenation was selected,
> the word would go beyond the right side of the page.

Sorry, commit denied for a variety of reasons:
1. It is not clear whether the problem you attempt to fix is a problem
    at all. Actually, it can be argued FOPs behaviour is correct, annoying
    as it may be sometimes. This is the main showstopper.
As for the formalities:
2. Please use a recent CVS checkout as original while generating the diff.
3. Please make sure that your files are *not* using tabs for indentation.
4. Please submit patches as unified diffs if possible (use -u), or context
    diff otherwise (use -c).
5. Please do not submit patches which seems to be reversed.
6. Please check whether your patched code still adheres to the Apache
    Java coding style.

J.Pietschmann