Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tom Plassman <tp...@worthington.k12.oh.us> on 2003/10/21 19:34:05 UTC

Entity error question

I'm suddenly getting this error on a fop process that has been running for several months without problems:

[ERROR] The reference to entity "F" must end with the ';' delimiter.

Can someone tell how I identify entity F.

This is fop 0.20.4

Thanks
Tom Plassman
Worthington Schools

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, from Worthington Schools,
Worthington, Ohio, including any attachments,is for the sole use of the
intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged,
confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or authorized to receive information for
the recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure,
distribution, copying, printing, or action taken in reliance on the
contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this communication in error, please immediately contact the sender
and destroy the material in its entirety.

Thank you

Re: Entity error question

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Tom Plassman wrote:

> I'm suddenly getting this error on a fop process that has been running for several months without problems:
>
> [ERROR] The reference to entity "F" must end with the ';' delimiter.

I suspect you generate the FO source using string concatenation, and
an unescaped ampersand slipped in.
Dump the FO source, and search for the string "&F" followed by a
non-letter-or-digit. Track down how it came there. Ensure data
read from DB or elsewhere is XML-escaped before concatenating it
in.

J.Pietschmann